Sand from vacuuming pumped back into pool?

Jul 17, 2016
Athens, GA
Hey, everyone, I'm a new pool owner and this site has been very helpful!
My AG pool is few weeks old. I used the hose attachment to carefully vacuum the sand from the bottom of the pool. I turned the pump off to remove the hose and clean the skimmer.
When I turned the pump back on, a cloud came out of the return and the pool has a cloudy look since then.

What's going on here? Any ideas?

Thanks, y'all!

Based on TF100:
pH 7.2
FC 7.5
CC 1
TC 120
CH 400
CYA ~15 (working on raising this now)

I have a sand filter also. If i do not backwash AND rinse for a few seconds before i turn my pump on after its been off for a few hours, thats what happens. I assume all the sand sits in the bottom of the filter and slips under the inner tube part. OR, maybe the tube is not properly in place? Maybe try taking the motor off and re-settle the tube (i dont know the proper term for the tube part lol. But its in the base with the sand that has the MIN-MAX fill line on it.) The water actually goes into the sand, then up the tube, into the hose, then out into the pool. So very possibly the tube may not be fully sitting on the bottom, which is hard to do when sand is already in it. Youtube how to change the sand, and use that process to fix/check the tube.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.