LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Charter Oak, California
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Thinking about upgrading from the current 1/2 HP 2100 gph pump/sand filter set up to
the 3/4 HP 2800 gph or the 1 HP 3000 gph. I believe either one will connect to the current setup without the need for other fittings.

Trying to to get better circulation for fewer dead spots, trying to get more filtration with larger sand filter and trying to make vacuuming a bit less tedious.
The 1/2 HP has been a workhorse, but a larger pump/sand filter would I think be better in the long run...

what sayeth all ya'll?

Piolin....Or anyone with experience in this area....

Are you able to connect the new Intex 3000 GPH pump/filter in place of the smaller Intex pump/sand filter that came with the pool without additional adapters or connectors?

Thanks for taking the time Piolin.....

7ec943d62303d49d2dd53e667fdfbf88.jpg
e43a01e319dc2a1ac16956667d7bc309.jpg

8,400 gal 3K GPH pump, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My oversized slab is going in next month. So my pool will be down for about 2 weeks..It looks like the 2" of foam goes under the legs as well? Do the legs cut /sink into the foam?
Thanks for responding......It's been very helpful

Bob

The foam that I use was the only available here, from home Depot, yes the legs cut into the foam a little, in all legs so the level stay the same, but if you can find the extruded pink or blue 3/4" foam that people recommend here you will do better

8,400 gal 3K GPH pump, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

JeffChap: That same pump/filter is on sale at Walmart for $199.99. WOOHOO!! I may go that way instead of the 3000GPH Intex

The only adapters necessary to connect it to your Intex pool were the ones you purchased at Leslies?

Thanks, Bob (AKA Schnozz)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.