Cyanuric Acid differences?

FMK

Jul 31, 2016
San Diego, California
In previously searching the site, I was unable to find a thread on cyanuric acid comparisons. Is there any difference from one manufacture to the next? The prices greatly vary for a product labeled 100% cyanuric acid. Are you really paying for a name brand or is it all the same? The price on liquid versus dry seems to be much higher. Can anyone tell me the difference asides from the obvious form? Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

The only difference in dry CYA is how quickly it dissolves. I usually get mine from either WalMart or Lowes. Both seem to dissolve pretty quickly.

Also note that liquid CYA is typically only 30% CYA and usually costs more. So for liquid CYA you are definitely paying more for less.

I use BioGuard Stabilizer-100 and it's always worked fine for me. Typically dissolves within a few hours when hung in a nylon in front of a return.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.