Some number check please after SLAM

Sep 4, 2015
Charlotte,NC
So i had put a Stenner in right around the fourth of july it was working perfectly went on vacation and it had issues stopped working and i ended up with some algae.(separate thread). Did the SLAM on Monday this week, all looks perfect now just wanted some numbers opinion.

FC 7.5
CC 0.0
CYA 50(it was 0 and added hardener yesterday)
PH 7.4
TA 60
CL 120

It looks real good to me, but i think i want to raise the PH to 7.6 as i read that's the PH of human eyes. It is burning a little on eyes. Other than that pool is clear and sparkingly.

Also since CYA is up i will have to watch my chlorine consumption and possible turn the timer down to keep FC from getting too high. I had it calibrated on how much the pool uses(4PPM per day) at 30 CYA and how much to inject. its perfect a 30 minute run on the Stenner adds 1PPM to the pool so its real easy.I find it odd that last time i checked CYA (beginning of month but Ive been traveling for 3 + weeks) and it was 30. Yesterday it was zero, I filled it completely up and it was like looking through clear water to black dot. i put in 4 lb which should have raised it 30 PPM but its sitting at 50 now. Probably was at 10-20 just couldn't read that low.

I checked again this AM and the PH is up to 7.6 from 7.4 without adding any chemicals. Is this PH bounce and do i need to raise my TA to fix that? Stenner is working beautifully I lose 3PPM a day and inject 1 PPM 3 times at night so starts out at 7.5 in AM ends a 4.5 at night. Then inject 3X overnight.
This is from this morning;

FC 7.5
CC 0.0
CYA 50
PH 7.6
TA 60
CL 120

Hang on before you raise TA. Don't lower pH until it gets above 7.8, 7.6 or 7.7 might be the happy spot. Keep an eye on pH, if it does bounce around it might be time to bump up TA.

Not sure on your burning eyes issue. Those number look pretty good, nothing I see would cause that.

Yeah I wonder if it was because my CYA had dropped to zero and I was running 7-8 on my FC. The CYA has been a steady 50 since I did the old drain and refill to bring it down from 200+ last year. Was really surprised when I saw it was zero after the Stenner gave out when we were away 2 weeks ago and had the algae. Did a 3 day SLAM and its back to normal passed overnight test and CC is 0.0. I did add 4 lbs of stabilizer and now its back to 50 and eyes don't really bother me. Pool pops and numbers look fine to me as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.