Partly cloudy with a hint of green

dody

Jun 27, 2015
jenks, ok
Since joining this site, reading like a feind, and getting the proper test kit, with your help, my pool has been fantastic. never looked better.

Friday afternoon, we had 2 of our gkids in the pool. They had sun screen on, but i didn't think it was overly much. Saturday morning, the pool was so cloudy, you couldn't see the bottom. I check and adjust the chlorine levels twice a day.....so i didn't think it could be algae, so i started reading and saw that it was a possibility that the sunscreen was the culprit. maybe, maybe not.

So we cleaned the cartridge filter and noticed milky water was rinsing out of it. decided to leave the pump on overnight to continue clearing the water, but thought i'd be safe and run an overnight test.

These were the #'s last night-

C-8
CC-0
TC-8
PH-7.5
TA-110
CYA-40
CH-300

Got up this am to check on it, and while the cloudiness has improved to the point where we can see the bottom, it's still quite milky. But the water has a green tint to it. grrrrrrr.....

Ran the test again, and literally got the exact same #'s as last night.

So, i'm considering slamming, as i don't know what else to do, but confused as to why i'm not getting a reading on the CC's if it's an algae problem.

Thoughts?

You don't always have CC with a little algae. CC comes and goes through the cycle. I would elevate FC that least 50% of shock level and up to shock level for your cya, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

You might also consider some "Scum Bugs" for your skimmers. That's a brand name but it's just a foam sponge that collects oils before it gets to the filter. A couple different companies make them.

When shopping around make sure you know if it's one or a two pack.
ScumBug Oil-Absorbing Sponge - YouTube

Not sure suntan lotion is your problem but it's cheap insurance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.