Hayward Pool vac XL

Feb 28, 2016
Tucson,Az
Moves slow and stops, I researched this and tried everything, more and less suction, rebuild kit with a-frames, new shoes, wings. The only thing I didnt try is front and rear flaps and dont really think they will make it move any faster, but not sure what else I can do. Anybody have one of these that think front and rear flaps can fix no or slow movement?

On another note, thank you to everyone that keeps this site going and all your tireless input to everyone that asks for your help !

Did you check the main turbine bearings, they are famous for failing. Hayward bought a company that made the "Pool Cleaner" that has a totally different design and they are incorporating this into their new cleaners. They are also selling a upgrade kit for there pool vac models called the V Flex Upgrade kit. You can find these online at different sites

Replaced all bearings with turbine, a-frames, wings ect. Replace front and rear flaps and like I thought it does the same thing. I have read that others replace all moving parts and still doesn't move like it should. I guess put up with it u til it stops all together!

I've had 2 (came with both houses I've owned with pools)

The only thing that ever stopped or slowed it down was either:

Debris stuck in the turbine or too much air getting in from bad hoses.

I wouldn't thing replacing the front & rear flaps would change anything, but could be wrong.

When mine stops it is stuff in the turbine, someone screwed with the suction valves or this last time was the gear box. Watch it while it is moving. If it's not turning the gear box is shot.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.