Pool balance question

Apr 14, 2016
Laurel, Mississippi
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a quick question about my pool chemicals. I have an above ground pool as you can see from my signature below. All of my chemical levels are on point except for the Calcium Hardness. I know this level doesn't matter much for above ground pools. My level right now is 100 but wanted to see if that was OK or if I needed to raise it any. The water clarity is crystal clear just wanting to make sure of the next step. 2 months ago it was around 200, so it has fallen about 50PPM a month.

Calcium makes no difference in your pool. Keeping the level above 50ppm should be good enough to reduce any kind of foaming (calcium inhibits bubble formation) that could possibly occur. Other than that, it does not matter. Do note that adding calcium products to your water will cause temporary clouding.

You could, if you wanted to save on lugging jugs of chlorine to your pool, use cal-hypo for chlorination. Every 10ppm FC added from using cal-hypo also adds about 6ppm CH.

fareal... I don't use borats or salt but I input all the numbers in pool math and the now was 0.08 and target was 0.36. I have never looked at that before so Idk if that even applies to me honestly. I didn't think CH mattered with my pool but didn't want to just assume something. I will keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't drop below 50. I recently started using the speed stir so maybe i wasn't mixing the test samples completely before. My current numbers are below.

FC - 5
pH- 7.8
TA - 130
CH - 100
CYA - 40

Thanks again for the quick response and advice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.