Not opening pool this year

May 31, 2015
edison/nj
Happy summer to all!!

I was looking for some advise from you experts. Due to family emergency we couldnt open our pool this year and we still wouldnot be able to. I have few concerns:-

1) The algae on top of it.(Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet)
2) Any treatmeant I should do to keep the water from getting dirtier.
3) Should I close the pool again at the end of the season to avoid the lines getting frozen.

This pool is new, just last year we redid it(new floor, new liner, new water), spent a lot of $$. Your guidance in this would be very helpful. Thanks.

Without circulation, there's not much you can do for water treatment. The only thing you SHOULD do if the water has been stagnant for the whole summer is prevent it from being a mosquito breeding ground. Keep it covered for safety but put some antilarval mosquito floaters in the pool. Amazon.com: Mosquito Dunks 102-12 Mosquito Killer, 2 Pack: Patio, Lawn Garden

I'll check out the photo...

With algae on top of the cover, it may have some staining occur. When you do open the pool, you may want to have the cover on the pool at least partially when you SLAM it at opening to help clean the cover of algae or scrub it with a dilute bleach solution when it's off the pool.

If it has not been opened at all and was closed properly, you should not have to worry about closing again. Unless you have some reason to suspect a leak in the plumbing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.