Polaris booster pump volute leak

Mindflux

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2014
Pflugerville, TX
The top connection on the volute is spraying water when the pump is on but is a trickle when it's just the main pump. It looks like it's coming out between the orifice and the threaded pvc bit.

Is there an oring under there that gave away?

This volute is clamped on not bolted on. I'm not sure which style is newer or how to remove the fitting to change the o ring out.

So it appears there's no quick disconnect on these. The thread in male adapter on the volute side is glued to some sort of step up adapter to go to my bigger piping (which is 2 or 2.5"?) that is threaded and seemingly glued (with pipe cement?) into the threaded parts on the main lines ?

Alright had someone come out and re-plumb the stuff with the Polaris quick disconnects.

Now I have a slow drip in what appears to be between the volute and the body.unnamed.jpg

Is that just the large diameter o-ring that needs lubing?

I guess this is the Halcyon model so I've read that the rebuild kits are not as easy to get hold of.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
image.jpgSorry to bring up this old thread but I'm having the same problem with a leak between the volute and body of the pump. I had the volute replace a few year ago and over the past weekend the pump started to leak. Of course I came to the board to see what to do. So I bought a new o-ring and lube. There aren't any visible cracks in the equipment and I can't givers out the issue. I need the forum's direction.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.