Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with Hayward sp2603vs wall mount control

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with Hayward sp2603vs wall mount control

After weeks of delays and rain, the pool builder will hopefully install our 24' Doughboy in the now not-so-muddy pit in the backyard on Monday..
    I've taken advantage of the delays and installed and plumbed the pump and filter.
    I purchased the wall mount kit for the detachable control panel on the sp2603vsp and I'm having some trouble wiring it correctly.
    The manual has a wiring diagram this is not accurate to the actual connections on the control board. There is a socket marked "wall mount display"for a terminal block on the back of the control board, but neither the pump nor the wall mount kit included a terminal block, so I'm extending the existing wires that are on the factory pigtail mounted to the pump.
    If anyone has been successful in wiring the control board, or if you could simply tell me which color wire from the control board pigtail goes to which terminal on the factory wired terminal block on the pump (I disconnected it without noting the wiring)I believe I'd be all set.
    Right now I have it wire:
    orange=red
    orange/white=Yellow
    blue/white=black
    blue=green
    Thank You in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24' round x 52" deep Doughboy Copper Canyon, sunken, 7' deep end
    Hayward SP2602VSP
    Hayward C3030 Cartridge Filter
    Denham Springs, LA

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Need help with Hayward sp2603vs wall mount control

Hard to tell but in the second picture on the display it looks like there is a terminal block it's labeled Wall Mount Display aka J1 it's just that the PCB is upside down. If you remove the screws on the blue board is there a green terminal block under there? If not I would ohm out the pins on the factory display P1 over to the pins on J1 one for one so you can be sure what translates into pin 1, 2, 3, & 4. I would guess they run in either the same order or are at most rolled.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Need help with Hayward sp2603vs wall mount control

att tech-2-
    Thank you!
    I ohm'd out the pins from J1 to P1 as you suggested and then easily translated that to the correct wiring -
    Great idea!
    Thanks again!
    24' round x 52" deep Doughboy Copper Canyon, sunken, 7' deep end
    Hayward SP2602VSP
    Hayward C3030 Cartridge Filter
    Denham Springs, LA