Does fountain cause air bubbles on pump start

fury81

Aug 8, 2015
Charlotte
Hello pool experts! I installed a cheap Amazon PVC pipe fountain on one of my return jets today to help cool the pool off at night. It was on for a couple of hours today while the kids swam. I went out to see if I needed to adjust the fountain angles since the kids might have messed with it and I noticed the pump started up differently this time. It seemed like it took a while for me to see water coming out of the return jets and when it did it there were a lot of bubbles. Trying to make sense of it with my limited pool knowledge and make sure the fountain isn't messing up my pool/pump. When the pump is off and not shooting water out of the fountain, the fountain causes air to enter the jet line and pump right? So maybe it took longer to start up again because it had to purge the air out and that would be why there was extra bubbles?

Does that make sense? If that was mostly correct, is that causing any harm to my pump or other pool equipment?

Thanks for the help.

The fountain shouldn't do that.

Do you have solar? If not, then you might just have an air leak.

Does the pump basket have air in it when running or does it lose prime after it has been off awhile?

Do the return bubbles disappear after a period of time?

Next time you are near the filter, turn off the pump and listen to the filter for any bubbles rising inside.

Just to check, you aren't talking about very tiny bubbles from the SWG are you? Those are normal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.