Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tricholor puck life span

1. Back To Top    #1

Tricholor puck life span

Wondering if the Tricholor pucks degrade in the same way liquid chlorine does.....I ask because we are going to be out of town for 5 days and I plan on using 2 or 3 Tricholor pucks in a floater and the pucks I am using have been stored in my garage in Phoenix for 2 years when I went on the TFP method......
    Phoenix, AZ USA 12k gal, IG pebble, Pentair TR-100 sand filter, Jandy/Zodiac ePump series-variable speed, builit 1991 (re-plastered with pebble 2013-new pump 2011), Taylor 2006 test kit with (FAS-DPD) chlorine test w/speedstir, Spa attached

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tricholor puck life span

The answer is no, stabilized chlorine does not degrade like hypochlorite solutions do. As long as the pucks remained dry, they can last for years. The decrease in available chlorine would be undetectable.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Tricholor puck life span

Thanks for the info......
    Phoenix, AZ USA 12k gal, IG pebble, Pentair TR-100 sand filter, Jandy/Zodiac ePump series-variable speed, builit 1991 (re-plastered with pebble 2013-new pump 2011), Taylor 2006 test kit with (FAS-DPD) chlorine test w/speedstir, Spa attached