Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: fix or replace leak in spa pipe

1. Back To Top    #1

fix or replace leak in spa pipe

I have a break in the pipe right outside of the spa wall. To find out, I had to tear out the concrete. The tear is large.

The question is, what is the best way in fixing the leak? Should I replace the pipe or place some kind of sealer over the crack?

Because the pipe is so close to the wall, it won't be easy to replace the pipe as i do not have much room between the wall and the leaking pipe. I presume I would have to remove the pipe completely, including the section that goes on the inside of the spa. Any suggestions on how best to do this?

I've attached a photo. The crack is visible and is shown within the circle.

Many thanks to all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Martinez, CA

Re: fix or replace leak in spa pipe

There is a company kbi that makes a product call snap-fix which glues over the crack and seals the pipe. Ive used a few smaller ones in tight spaces where I couldnt get room to cut out the pipe. Not sure if they make them in the larger sizes like 2" though.
    18,000 gunite pool/spa combo. Pebble tec, iaqualink rs8, cl580 filter, aquapure 1400, 400k btu lx heater, 10 solar panels, jandy 1hp, 1 1/2hp, and 2hp stealth pumps for circ, spa, waterfall