how do you tear out deck, coping, and lower rim of pool?

Jul 30, 2016
Houston, TX
My builder didn't dig the pool deep enough and the slope from pool edge to garage wall is too steep, almost 5"drop. There are 6 feet from edge of pool to wall. Similar issue on other side of pool next to house. Current solution is to dig out concrete and coping and lower edge of the pool to get a level deck. He will also have to lower skimmers and our tanning ledge looses depth. I consulted a Civil engineer and he suggested that option also.

Builder is 100% responsible for making this mistake and he is trying to make reparations, but why should we have to have a band aid? Would prefer the pool be dug out and done correct.

Looking for any other experiences with this problem and the resolution.
imagejpeg

Your picture did not load. You need to use a photo sharing service like Photobucket. How completed is this pool?

I don't know what others think but digging out a gunite shell, essentially demolishing a pool, is expensive. You're talking $10k-$15k easily in excavation costs. There's no way any PB would agree to something like that. They're certainly responsible to fix the layout but pushing a redo will likely just cause the PB to walk away.

Do you have any financial leverage left?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.