Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward light niche but no fixture.

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward light niche but no fixture.

I just ordered a pool kit. I received a niche but there is no fixture with a wire. I already have a led bulb. Can I just buy the fixture with cord? I may be looking for the wrong thing but I can't seem to find one.

2. Back To Top    #2

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward light niche but no fixture.

That's for a gunite or concrete pool. What kind of pool kit did you order?
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

4. Back To Top    #4

It's for a liner pool

5. Back To Top    #5

Any ideas or do I just need to buy a whole kit with bulb even though i have a bulb

6. Back To Top    #6

The light fixture at the amazon link is for gunite pools, not liner pools. Its an SP0600U fo gunite pools. You need a SP0607U for Liner of Fiberglass. They have a retaining ring on them. So first you need the proper niche. Check which one you actually have.

While that niche will take fixtures from other manufactures it best to stick with Hayward. And yes you are probably going to have to purchase the whole fixture and bulb.

This is not for the faint of heart. Proper installation of pool lights requires an understanding of NEC 680. This PDF guide will give you the basics, if you don't understand something ask a question on here and don't be ashamed to hire an electrician.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=..._gGdYDzW6dKQzg

Clicking the link will download a pdf file.

Two more points. When ordering the fixture you should also order a pool light junction box.

Finally connect the niche to the junction box with 1 inch NM conduit. Nothing smaller. The guy who replaces the light fixture in ten years will thank you.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

7. Back To Top    #7

The one I have is SP0607U

8. Back To Top    #8

Good that's the correct niche.