Spring 2017 build

dm7582

Jul 10, 2016
Genoa
I'm starting to plan a spring 2017 build in Northwest, Ohio. First let me say I am can't believe the price differences between the sunbelt and the rustbelt. Pools just seem so much cheaper in the south and west. I am leaning towards being the general contractor and subcontracting the work out. It seems like concrete pools are rare in the north is this because of the winters and cracking issues? I am leaning towards a steel wall vinyl lined pool. Any recommendations on where to purchase a kit from? Any suggestions on subcontractors in northwest ohio?

Welcome to TFP.
I honestly think the reason that concrete pools are less common up north is because they require a specialized set of contractors (gunite mostly but rebar too) that are not generally present. But that's neither here nor there. Doing an OB on a vinyl pool doesn't have the same bang for your buck that a concrete pool does. But hopefully someone will be able to give you some helpful advice pertinent to your geography, pool type and OB interest.
You are certainly researching at an appropriate time in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.