Indoor salt water pool

Yes, indoor pools need a minimum amount of stabilizer. I believe 20ppm or so helps buffer the chlorine. Many just consider cya as an agent to protect the chlorine from sun but indoor pools benefit in other ways.

When you say it's a salt water pool, are you using a SWCG to produce chlorine, or are you manually chlorinating and have added salt for better water feel?

The recommended FC level for manually chlorinated pools is different than SWCG chlorinated pools, hence the question.

I keep my CYA at between 20-30 ppm for my indoor pool, I find that given the wide gradiations on the test cylinder that targeting somewhere in this range is easiest. Over enough time by not using any stabilized chlorine or stabilizer the CYA in the pool you are dealing with will slowly fall, but all should be ok maintaining the appropriate FC/CYA ratio until then.

Ike

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.