Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plaster repair...

1. Back To Top    #1

Plaster repair...

So, we have a 13000 gallon in-ground gunite pool that went on line in May, 2011. in late 2014, after he passed away, we adopted #2 son's Marine service dog, an English Lab. No worries until Harold discovered his favorite game; The Ball. He lives for The Ball It's such a big deal for him that we've renamed it The Precious, as in 'give us The Precious!' (so we can throw it again!). It NEVER gets old. But, to the problem:

We have wedding cake steps at the shallow end and I noticed this year that as he pushes off on the lip of the second step to swim after the ball, the edge has started to crumble a bit. I would have thought that plaster was pretty tough, but we're talking probably thousands of cycles of chasing the ball (er, The Precious!) and his claws seem to be taking a toll. You might as well ask the sun not to shine as ask him not to get wet.

I would like to stay ahead of the deterioration and wonder what would work better; calling the plaster contractor back for a repair or? I seem to remember seeing a hydraulic plaster out of the corner of my eye during a trip to the local Leslie's. But, since I wasn't there for that, I didn't pay much attention to the product.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    DD
    13,000 gallon, 16 x 30 in-ground gunite, Jandy FloPro 1.5hp, Jandy CV340 cartridge filter, Polaris 280 Black Max, Polaris Booster Pump .75hp, Pentair Rainbow 320 Chlorine Feeder, Vac-Alert Safety Vacuum Release VA-2000-L

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Re: Plaster repair...

Amazon.com : E-Z Patch 1 White Pool Plaster Repair Kit - 3 lbs. (coverage: 1.5 sq. ft.) : Swimming Pool Deck Protective Coatings : Patio, Lawn Garden Have used this in the past but don't know if it will hold up to Harold. Sorry for your loss, God Bless

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Plaster repair...

Thanks! I just happen to be an Amazon Prime member so that makes it easy. As for Harold, we love him so much that it's ok if this is an 'every few years' repair. If you're interested, you can see Harold (The Wonder Dog)'s website at haroldthewonderdog.org I am always adding to the site, but you'll get the idea. Thanks again for the tip!
    DD
    13,000 gallon, 16 x 30 in-ground gunite, Jandy FloPro 1.5hp, Jandy CV340 cartridge filter, Polaris 280 Black Max, Polaris Booster Pump .75hp, Pentair Rainbow 320 Chlorine Feeder, Vac-Alert Safety Vacuum Release VA-2000-L