Pool Pilot Digital Help

May 31, 2009
This is my first post on this sight so if I am putting it in the wrong place I do apologize. I have a Pool Pilot Digital by Autopilot and the problem I am having is it frequently locks me out (meaning I push the buttons but nothing happens). Today I turned the pump off so I could drain some water from the pool, when I went to turn it back on nothing happened. I had to turn off the power switch to get me into the owners menu. Once in I could change the time and the hours of pump operation but neither would take, when I hit exit I would go back to the main menu and the time was 12:00 am and none of the buttons would work. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so do you have any ideas on how to fix. I have not tried going into the installers or maitenence menu yet.

Thanks fior any help

Mark

Welcome to TFP!

The AutoPilot units sometimes miss button presses. Do you get completely locked out, or can you press several times and eventually get it to work? If you are getting completely locked out, something is broken and you will probably need to get the unit repaired.

I'm getting completely locked out, I need to shut the power off, then turn it back on. But when I do and I change the clock settings and the pump program under the owners menu, I select exit and it takes me back to the main screen but the clock does not change and I become locked out again.

How old is the system? For it not to hold the time of day, there is a CR-3032 button battery on the display circuit board that may be dead. That shouldn't prevent you from entering or changing any of the program modes when it is powered up though.
I would gather your date of installation and serial number of the Digital unit and call the factory for assistance.
800-786-7751.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.