Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CYA level

1. Back To Top    #1

CYA level

Hey, gang......maintaining the pool has been somewhat of an easy task with THE kit.........however, i am beginning to see the rise in CYA (gradually) as i'm still using pucks and may be doing so through the upcoming football season as my time at home is about to cease......i know the pucks are the issue, but i've gone ahead and lowered the chlorinator setting from 3.5 down to 3 (will see where that takes me). my other question is can i replace water by backwashing/rinsing for 4-5 days (don't really want to deprive my kiddos the pool use at anytime as they are still in summer mode)? will the backwashing and refill that often be comparable to the removing a huge amount of water at one time? thanks!
    15000 gallon pool (15x30 + 7x7 sitting area), IG-Blue Pebble, Sand Filter-Hayward Pro Series, Pump-Hayward Tristar VS pump, Water Test Kit-TF 100, NEW POOL-COMPLETED ON 5/7/16, City Water w/no restriction, Dolphin M400

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CYA level

A couple inches is all you'll be able to do at a time that way. I'd use the bottom drain, knock it down a foot and refill. Pretty quick operation.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

If you don't want to limit swim time, start after the kids go to bed and check it every 20 min. Then refill.
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.

4. Back To Top    #4

NICE......LOVE the NOLES......check every 20 minutes as it's being drained?
    15000 gallon pool (15x30 + 7x7 sitting area), IG-Blue Pebble, Sand Filter-Hayward Pro Series, Pump-Hayward Tristar VS pump, Water Test Kit-TF 100, NEW POOL-COMPLETED ON 5/7/16, City Water w/no restriction, Dolphin M400