Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris pipe connection

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris pipe connection

I disconnected some of the connectors on my polaris to do some cleaning and repairs. Now i need help in putting it back. Two questions . 1) please see attached pic. I am having a hard time connecting the two pieces together. I put it in as far as possible, but it comes undone after two days of running. Please tell me how to couple them together so that it stays. 2) please let me know if i have the direction of the pipes, connectors and the filter, all correct. Thanks

15K gal, IG (I think its Vinyl not sure), 2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair DE filter, SWG Hayward Aqua rite controller with t-cell-15, Aqualink RS6, Jandy Spa side 4-button, Polaris 280, 400K Pentair Minimax NT Heater Propane, test kit TF100

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Re: Polaris pipe connection

Put fitting on first then hose, move fitting over hose and tighten. At bottom of picture is what it should look like

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes, that is what i did. But couldnot get the fitting all the way up to create a tight fit. The other end rotates too, thats prevents getting a tight fit

15K gal, IG (I think its Vinyl not sure), 2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 60 sqft Pentair DE filter, SWG Hayward Aqua rite controller with t-cell-15, Aqualink RS6, Jandy Spa side 4-button, Polaris 280, 400K Pentair Minimax NT Heater Propane, test kit TF100

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Turn the fitting nut around.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks, kadavis. I turned the nut around and its working fine now.