Mosaik in the whole pool!

Henry Porter

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 7, 2008
Sweden
Hi!
My intension has been up to now that I should paint my pool below waterline tile with an epoxy coating. Using Rustoleums product is so expensive that I can't motivate myself to follow that path any longer, since that option with an painted pool is the least lasting. If pay a lil more than twice as much as for the epoxy painting I can mount mosaik in the whole pool. Sounds to me like an much better option when the pricing is as it is. I think painted pools are nice looking but since the paint doesen't last so long it has to show on the price.

Do you see any problems with mount mosaik in a pool in an enviroment where it can freeze during winter. My intension is to keep the pool freeze free during winter but you never know...

//Mats

Mats, Hi :wave:

I think that the tile will serve you better and longer than even the good epoxy paint (the epoxy paint has to be applied under perfect conditions, which are often hard to come by :) )

You've done such a great job so far! Are you comfortable putting in the tile? (I can give you a few tips if you need them 8) )

If we're now talking about the pool finish, I'm thinking you will swim this summer :party: :cheers:

I think the mosaic tiles would offer more character to the pool and like waste says, last longer! 8) I can't wait to see this pool when it's all finished! :mrgreen:

Hello my friends how are you :-D
We have had very hot weather last two days over here. For the first time I really longed for have this d*mn pool finished, but as they say if you long for something good you can't wait long enough.
I will take a trip and look at the mosaik tile i have read about next week, to see of it's looks any good. Ted I will keep a good eye out for you tips regarding mounting mosaik tile. I'm very glad to learn from you experience.

Regards Mats

Enjoy looking at the tile, Mats!! As you know, I'm all about pretty tile! :-D :-D I think you'll be happier with something nice to look at, as well as longer-lasting..you've worked SO hard on this pool...I know you're anxious to swim! Can't wait to see some choices! :whoot: Not too much longer...you'll be THERE!!

Yeah Budster I have some problem to purchase materials that are fit to be used in outdoor pools. I have a sample of glas mosaik home but I'm a little aware of it's quality since a few pieces in the ark broke when we lifted the arks on the table. Made me little suspicious.
But I found a tile plate that I would love to put in the pool from a well known manufactors outlet. I'm not sure if that is frostproof but I will get the answer on wendsday. If it is I think I will go with that tile below water line and a different tile for the waterline.[attachment=1:2l24ea17]tileIMG_4977.gif[/attachment:2l24ea17][attachment=0:2l24ea17]tileIMG_4979.gif[/attachment:2l24ea17]

Attachments

• tileIMG_4977.gif
    tileIMG_4977.gif
    189.6 KB · Views: 303
  • tileIMG_4979.gif
    tileIMG_4979.gif
    197.6 KB · Views: 302
Hi Matts, that looks like nice tile, textured to keep the floor from being too slippery - as long as it's frostproof! Is it available in different colors? The reason I ask is because it would be a good idea to have a stripe at the front of each step to help identify where the edge is to help prevent tripping or missing the step :idea:

I hope you've found the right material and will soon by applying the finish to your pool :goodjob: :party:

Ted! What do you think about this way to determine if the tile is frostproof or not. If I weigh one tile plate with an accurate scale and then try to make it soak water by cover it with water for a week or two and then weigh it again. If it hasen't absorbed any water it should be frostproof.

I haven't thought of how i will do on the steps, one option is to paint the front of the steps with some epoxy coating to make the edges visible.

Have a nice weekend!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.