Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy 3-way valve rebuild

1. Back To Top    #1

Cartersville, GA

Jandy 3-way valve rebuild

I need to replace the diverter and gaskets inside my automatic valve. It controls the flow back to the pool or the spa depending on which side the actuator is blocking.

If I open this valve and remove the diverter to replace it, am I going to have water flowing back through the return jets and gushing up out of this valve?

There are no other valves on either side once the line leaves this valve going into the ground to cut off water supply.

If water would be coming back, would plugging the return jets solve this? If so, what size plugs would I need to get.

Thanks for you help.
    20k gal, Plaster/Pebble, Pentair Tagelus Sand filter TA100D w/ TM-22 multiport valve;
    Intelliflo Variable Speed 3hp pump; Aqua Rite 25k SWG, Polaris 280 Sweep Vac

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

tucson, arizona

Re: Jandy 3-way valve rebuild

If the water level in pool or spa is above this valve, you will have water coming out through top of valve. If you are using a neverlube diverter kit sometimes you can get it ready to go in first, and then quickly pull old one and get new one in before you get a flood of water. Otherwise you will have to plug everything higher than valve. Usually 1-1/2" threads in returns. Some people use the tapered winterizing plugs, all depends on if you have to remove face and eyeballs