Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Little green on bottom, next steps?

1. Back To Top    #1

Little green on bottom, next steps?

I was vacuuming my pool late this morning after we had a few storms the past few days and saw some small green patches on the floor as I was vacuuming. I vacuumed up most of it manually, then ran the EZ vac for a while and brushed the walls and floor of the pool after. The water is clear.

As a newer pool owner, (New in April) I just want to make sure I do the right thing. I plan on doing the overnight test tonight to see about a possible SLAM. I added two 3" trichlor tabs to the chlorinator to aid in bringing CYA up. (I normally just use liquid chlorine) Is there anything else I should do?

I could see more green through my sunglasses than I could without. (weird)

Here are my test results from my TF100

FC 7
    CC 0
    TA 110
    CH 200 (Not important, just felt like checking)
    CYA 25? (I checked three times. The last few times I have checked this, it has been 40 fairly consistently)
    PH 7.3

With my CYA usually at 40, I keep my FC around 6 usually.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!
    18'x33' Sharkline Harbortown AG, 16,700 Gal. 2HP 2 speed Pentair Optiflo pump
    150 sq. ft cartridge filter. TF100 Test kit with Speedstir!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Little green on bottom, next steps?

Be sure to pull that chlorinater out about 30 min before you start the OCLT.

If if this were my pool, I would skip the OCLT and immediately start a SLAM. Visible algae will just come right back as all you did was disturb it, not kill it.

Dom
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Two Intex CS8110 SWG's | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels with Hayward GLC-2P-A | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I will get my SLAM on!

4. Back To Top    #4

Here is where I was to start for reference before I began slamming and as I was vacuuming.

5. Back To Top    #5

I found the culprit early this afternoon while in the pool brushing. Underneath the mat that lies under the steps was slick as ice with algae. Removed mat, brushed both sides and then lifted and brushed under the steps. It has been put back together now. The pool is looking better. I have been keeping FC at 12.

6. Back To Top    #6

Good job finding that slime hide-away. Now you'll know to pay extra attention to that area when brushing the pool routinely.

Yip
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain