Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Smile new pool

i have a intex 14x42 above ground. really dont want to take down for the winter. live in Washington state. almost always have days of freezing and some snow. I've heard people who do take their pool down, drain below the inlet, do the chemicals and cover, etc..... thoughts

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new pool

Hello and welcome to TFP. Many pool owners leave their pool up all winter in much colder climates than yours. Make sure to start at the TFP Pool School - Closing (Winterizing) Your Above Ground Pool page and then post back with any questions. Lots of folks willing to help you.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: new pool

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners