New Hoosier Member

Jul 25, 2016
Indiana
Just wanted to thank each of you that participate on this forum offering a wealth of knowledge with such a willingness to teach. It really is refreshing. I am a first time home owner as two weeks ago when I closed on our new house. So, my first ever pool opening was in July. I can say now that the water is crystal clear but geesh did it kick my butt. I have a food science background by career choice so these methodologies aren't totally foreign to me and I STILL fell into the pool store trap. Literally 10 trips later along with continuous inconsistent pool store anaitical results (each conveniently solved with glb chemicals) and I said enough! The TF kit arrived today and I can't wait to get home tonight and get to work. I've been using a more generic titration kit that came with the pool supplies left behind but feel my reagents were no longer good. I've been using lab equipment at work to cross check and three days ago added my first Over the counter pool supply if you will being borax to bring up pH. Man I looked funny going through that self check isle at the grocery store. (Borax washing soda and baking soda) well I learned my lesson and have a whole countertop of pool chemicals to remind me that trustworthy data and science does not lie. I will be continually learning from each of you and hope to post my titration specs later tonight.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Great to have you here and glad you've found a great way to take control of your pool. The beauty of TFP methods is easy home based testing, which is better than the pool store and thereby knowing exactly what your pool needs.

Feel free to ask questions as they come up and be sure to post your first test results if you'd like some advice!