Intelliflo VS Pump Not Making Pressure for Spa

Fins

Jul 14, 2016
Boca Grande, FL
For some reason, our new Intelliflo VS 3 HP pump cannot make enough pressure to make the spa jets work effectively. With the pump running at max speed, there is next to no pressure coming from the jets. It's not even enough to disturb the surface of the water. Pool builder is struggling to figure it out. The inserts are in the jet nozzles and look to have roughly a 3/8" orifice.

We we drained the spa down to inspect the jets and they look fine. Water just sort of dumps out of them and has no pressure.

The spa is roughly 5'x8' and has 8 jets. I believe all piping is 2".

At at our previous homes, we had smaller pumps and almost too much pressure. On a scale of 1 to 10, this one is less than 1. The pump is roughly 25' from the spa.

Im wondering if the pump may be running backwards or something like that. Is that possible if the pump is not wired correctly? Reversed phases?

Thanks!

Pull the inserts, very common on new builds for trash to get in the plumbing and clog the inserts. What is the psi on the filter in spa mode at max speed? I'd imagine it would be pushing 40psi if there was a blockage. On the other end, if the impeller has a clog you'd hardly be registering a psi reading on the filter.

As far as the phase goes it's not impossible but certainly improbable. I know the XF comes in 3 phase, I'm pretty sure the VS is only 1 phase. Anyway the model number should be #011018.

Does the pump work fine in pool mode (psi wise)?

Thanks for the quick reply. I just went outside and my PB is out there with a shovel. He thinks he crossed the lines between the blower and the jets. I guess the water is entering the jets where the air should enter and the air is entering the jets where the water should enter.

He's digging now so hopefully that fixes it. I don't understand why they don't take 3 seconds and just label stuff.

Thanks again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.