Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Algae and vacation

1. Back To Top    #1

Cincinnati Ohio

Algae and vacation

So we have had a ton of rain, I've been busy prepping for vacation and haven't paid as close of attention to the pool as I should be. Last night I raised the chlorine level as we have had a ton of rain. I go out this morning to test my water one last time before vacation and notice a ton of maybe dead algae on bottom of pool. So I dose it again and give it a good brushing. Is there anything I can do at this point to not come home to a green pool. I leave at noon today??!?!!?
    f18 ft 48 in deep, 7600 gallon, round above ground vinyl pool. Hayward pump, sand filter. First time pool owner. Proud owner of a brand new TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Algae and vacation

Just add bleach up to SLAM level, cover and hope for the best. Or have someone come add 1/2 gallon of bleach in daily to hold it at bay.

Have a nice vacation and put it out of your mind. You know you'll have to deal with it on return.
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter