Low Salt Light on Intex ZS8110

Turn the device off and let it sit a while. Make sure all the salt you added is dissolved. Turn the device back on and see if that re-sets it.

Test with Taylor K-1766 Salt Test (a drop based test I find more accurate than strips)

I've done that. Over the last week, I approach it, see that it is in "sleep" mode with the low salt light on. I assume it put itself there. Turn off, restart, "working" light come on, low salt light does not. I leave and come back various periods of a "long" time later to find it in sleep mode with low salt light on. So, just now I turned it off, let it stay off for a solid 5 minutes. Turned it on, it's working, no low salt light. I check it 5 minutes later, still good, come back 10 minutes later, low salt light is on and it's flashing the code for low salt. So, I taste the water. It's salty to taste (not as salty as ocean, but more than just a hint, most definitely salty), so I'm sure my salt strips are just plain old or otherwise inaccurate. Don't have the Taylor k-1766 as I've always just thought that if the machine is happy, I'm happy. Now, it's not happy, so what gives?

Copper bars? Titanium? I've never opened the unit, except to clean the cell, which I am now doing per your suggestion. There was a very small, absolutely minimal amont of scaling on it, but it's soaking in vinegar now. For $116, I'm thinking a trip to Wal-Mart might be the easiest solution, if they still have them in stock.

Soaked cell in vinegar. Works fine now. Drained about a fourth to a fifth of the pool to remove excess salt.

THANKS.

As for the salt level, I'm going offshore fishing tomorrow and gaw-rawn-tee that I won't give it any thought whatsoever. It'll just have to wait. Yippee!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.