Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: **NEW** member looking maintenance, chemical, etc help for above ground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

**NEW** member looking maintenance, chemical, etc help for above ground pool

New pool owner here.... I HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT POOLS ANDROID NEED HELP!!! looking for help to keep my pool clean and swimming ready all summer long. We've had this pool since June but our pump failed and broke, so for two weeks I've been patiently waiting, it arrives tommorw!! I will be opening in from scratch have since I had to drain it due to pump failing.
    I'd really like the in and outs of chemicals, what I need all around and what I need daily and weekly.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: **NEW** member looking maintenance, chemical, etc help for above ground pool

Welcome to TFP!

Do some reading in Pool School
    Start here
    ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    And here
    Pool School - Getting Started

Add your state to your location over there <----, climate is important.
    And add your pool info to your signature as shown here, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: **NEW** member looking maintenance, chemical, etc help for above ground pool

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here

I like this article as well for starting from scratch. TFPC for Beginners

Be quick and order a test kit for $70. You'll save the cost back in less than 2 months vs. listening to a pool $tore. TFTestkits.net

And get some chlorine in that pool. We cant suggest a maintenance dose until we know more about your pool.
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners