New Build - Bentonville Ark

Jun 25, 2016
Bentonville, AR
Hello everyone. Been lurking for a a month or so and reading everything I can about how to take care of our new pool. Thank you everyone for creating such a great site to learn about taking care of a pool! So here, is our build, we're just getting started.

Getting everything laid out.
Vrr3gRB.jpg

RUVnSxE.jpg

9FQpPMw.jpg

Starting the dig..not my beautiful grass!
tydC9ua.jpg

yhLHlBm.jpg

You can see the beginning of the tanning ledge.
cKpMiW0.jpg

And a couple of renders I did of the current master plan (always subject to change...)
qo37xXx.png

NjGELcC.png

All of that pretty grass :( LOL

I love the design and how you say it is subject to change. You do live in the real world! NICE!

Would you like us to look over your equipment list? We might have some suggestions to make sure it is what your size pool needs or does not need. Might be able to save you some money (or help you spend more :rolleyes:)

:kim:

Your pump- single speed, 2 speed, or variable speed?

Pentair TF-150 cartridge filter--------I could not find any listing for a TF-150. I did find a CC-150 and it looks like a good one for you size pool.

Have you thought about a SWG?

That's a good question on the pump... Contract shows 2.5 hp Pentair, but doesn't mention the model. I'll have to follow up with them on Monday on which one they intended to use.. Any advice on that front? The pool has no waterfalls or water features.
Thanks for catching my mess up with the filter, I had the test kit in mind when I set up my signature.
I have thought about a swg and figured that I could handle the pool without one..The pb would install one but would have us sign a waiver on all warranties on all the equipment. Even though I don't buy into that being the cause of most failures, I decided to not go with one.

Here are a few pics of day 2 of the dig.. I can only hope that the rest of the build goes this quickly, but I'm not holding my breath.

QwoL9CL.jpg

18" deep tanning shelf
zfpWIbt.jpg

So far so good on the dig, no big rocks, just some tough clay towards the bottom.
gx6KcHD.jpg

And just a slight set of ruts... It was expected though.
UfPHukT.jpg

That's a good question on the pump... Contract shows 2.5 hp Pentair, but doesn't mention the model. I'll have to follow up with them on Monday on which one they intended to use.. Any advice on that front? The pool has no waterfalls or water features.
Thanks for catching my mess up with the filter, I had the test kit in mind when I set up my signature.
I have thought about a swg and figured that I could handle the pool without one..The pb would install one but would have us sign a waiver on all warranties on all the equipment. Even though I don't buy into that being the cause of most failures, I decided to not go with one.

Welcome! I'm starting my build as well but as O/B. I purchased all Pentair from a supplier my subs let me use to get wholesale pricing. I get a three year warranty on all equipment with SWG, and lifetime on my gunite. So what warranties is he talking about?
IMO you would want a VS pump under any circumstance... You can save money if you figure out flow and also, if you put female adapters on all your returns, you can put some in pool water features, and being able to control the pump is well worth it.

Also, I find it interesting on how diff builders do diff things.. like the steel going in as you excavate.. my plumber wanted in prior to steel and steel didn't want in until after plumbing... so they were on agreement. It seems like a lot more work to try and plumb after steel, but I have no idea. Electrical after those two.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Couple of updated pics. Steel done and plumbing will probably be done today. It is interesting to see the little differences between all the methods of builds. Everyone that is working on our pool is employed by the pool company except the electrician.

Kids are excited!

LOL, I asked the kids to stand 'normal' and that's what I got...
I confirmed the model of pump that they have for us, Pentair 1.5hp challenger 343234. Seems to be the basic pump. Our electric rates average about $.08 per KWH. Does anyone have any pump recommendations based on that info? No plans for any water features, but I could see myself make some to fit into the return lines for fun. Thanks.

Not thrilled with this pump. The size should be okay BUT you want at least a 2 speed. BIG savings on energy with that.

I only use high speed when running Wanda my cleaner. All of the other time is slow.

I would check into a change to 2 speed.

A 2-speed pump on low moves half the water and uses 1/4 the electricity as on high. And usually low is fine for most circulation purposes. Single pumps should be outlawed - and are in many locations.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.