Ready to SLAM!

Some of you may remember me on here and my 5 year battle with mustard algae. Well I am finally ready to eradicate it once and for all. Weather is cooling off here and it's on the weekend which will give me the break I need. Will post numbers tomorrow evening before I start. Just a few questions though before I begin. #1-since this stuff has been chlorine resistant from 12-18ppm at times, should I maintain a target higher then recommended once I am done with SLAM? #2-Should I be using the SWG to help maintain shock level once I get it there? I do need to sleep at some point lol. Any comments appreciated. [emoji3]

17,200 in ground pool, DE filter,3/4 hp pump, solar heater, SWG (Hayward Salt and Swim 3C). 1988 Hot Springs Highlife-K Hot Tub (415 gal.)

I have a total of 14 gallons on bleach with half being 8% and the other half at 12.5%. Plan on buying 4 more this evening on way home from work.

17,200 in ground pool, DE filter,3/4 hp pump, solar heater, SWG (Hayward Salt and Swim 3C). 1988 Hot Springs Highlife-K Hot Tub (415 gal.)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It will be good to know for the others that will follow your thread in the future and see how good you clear it!

OH and you NEED to take picture of your pool looking down at your steps each day and share then here. That will help you and us see the color changes so we can judge how things are going.

Leave your pump on 24/7 for the SLAM.

:kim:

Not sure how good pictures would work. Tried taking some before but they did not turn out very good. Could not really see anything. I do have steps but had to remove them to get at any algae underneath. And there was a good bit of it under there. Should have taken a pic of that cause it was pretty noticeable. Sorry ☹️, if anything appears tomorrow (since I just brushed it all away) I will post.

Update:
July 29th@8pm
Got FC to 28ppm
July 30th@1230am
FC-26 (bumped back up to 28 using pool math)
530am-FC -28 [emoji848]was a bit confused until......
930am
FC-19! (Bumped back up to 28 using pool math)
So that tells me something is dying [emoji106]
Will post more as day wears on. Supposed to be somewhat cloudy today so hopefully sun won't be much of a factor. Shallow end of pool looking much better then before but deep end I am still seeing the stuff around the seams. Also brushed pool good before bringing up from 19 to 28.

I am glad you are seeing progress. That is what the pics are for. Many times someone will say "my pool is not clearing up" BUT if they take and share pics daily then they can see the progress.

You are on the right track! Keep up the great work!

Hard to take pics today. Been raining off and on all day. Just checked FC@4:00pm and it was holding at 28 but algae was still visible in seams so I brushed again.

The clouds are helping your FC stay in the pool to kill the algae. NICE! Keep brushing and maybe think about vacuuming the dead stuff up instead of brushing it. That might speed things up.

What kind of filter do you have? You have everything else in your siggy-THANKS!

DE filter. Haven't really seen anything dead yet unless I am missing it. Only was brushing cause of the algae was reappearing in the seams. Not as bad but still there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.