Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Blond hair....

1. Back To Top    #1

Blond hair....

I went to the salon today and got my hair done. Blond highlights. I'm newer to this forum but have successfully transitioned my pool to a TF pool and have done a ton of research on here, so when my stylist said as I was leaving "just be careful in your pool because sometimes pools will turn that blond a little green" I was able to smile and nod as I laughed under my breath walking out the door No worries here!!
    27' round (18,000 gal) above-ground, vinyl-lined, metal surround, with a deck around half. Hayward "Pro-Series" sand filter. Taylor 2006 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Blond hair....

You want to make sure you don't have "metals" especially copper. What were you using before you used this method ??
    You might need to break down and take a sample to a pool store and see what your readings are.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Dang, and here I was sounding all cocky. Haha

I have read that it is the copper that does the staining and I haven't had an issue, even with my girls' bright blond hair. I was trying to make the point that a lot of people don't know the difference and assume it's the chlorine in pools that does the green staining. BUT, since you've thrown me off my high horse, I suppose I SHOULD test for metals since I DID use some algicides......
    27' round (18,000 gal) above-ground, vinyl-lined, metal surround, with a deck around half. Hayward "Pro-Series" sand filter. Taylor 2006 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

I got the in joke from the get go.

Friends of mine are fascinated when i explain facts like that.

If your girls are blonde and it never turned to greenish, probably fine.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

5. Back To Top    #5

All algaecides don't have copper, there are several different kinds. I think you should get back on you high horse with your ungreen hair.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach