white crystals forming on ladder, HELP!!!!

fc 5
cc.5
ph 7.3
ta 80
cya 50
Im new , just getting started. Used pucks for yrs. Now using TFP method, using bleach. Water clear since starting this method. Have had all kind of problems in the past, but this is the first time I have ever seen white crystals growing on my metal ladder. Took it out and scrubbed and sprayed with bleach. Returned the ladder and the next day it started to grow again. Does anyone have an idea what this is and what I can do? Or any advice in general.

I am new and all this stuff is stressing me out.:(

Thanks everyone in advance.

The problem started with the crystals this yr. I went to the pool store and i complained
of green algae. So they sold me Swimtrine Plus and I added 1 qt. The following day i added socket and the pucks. The crystals started to grow right away. The Swimtrine put .1 of copper in the water. They said not to worry because algae doesn't like copper. PLEASE EXCUSE ME, I'M NOT A WIZ ON THE COMPUTER, AND I CAN'T SPELL. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!!!!!

Mod note: merged your two threads asking the same question together to keep the answers together. pooldv

fc 5.5
cc clear
ta 80
cya 55
ph7.6
ch 212
cooper 0
Went to the pool shop and got the ch levels. So what do you think, is it calcium scale?
Thanks for your input.

Probably not scale then, but check with the muriatic acid as described above.

You can't trust pool store results. You said above you had .1ppm copper and now you have none. It doesn't go away, so one of those tests is wrong.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.