New pool build questions, advice is much appreciated!

Jul 13, 2016
Rock Island, IL
Getting together my material list for putting up our brand new, first-ever pool.
Intex 15'x48" Ultra Frame AG. Listed as 4,440 gallons. Stock filter pump. Planning on leaving up permanently.
I will be leveling myself - what kind of tolerance in variation is acceptable/best? An inch, 2 inches?
After cutting sod, I'm going to spray roundup.
I have purchased rigid foam board. Do I need to add sand before the foam? Foam is 1-1/2" in thickness.
Or will the foam even out the low and high spots?
After the foam, use...? I've read MANY things on here and I'm confused.
The pool came with a ground cloth- use that on the foam? Purchase a gorilla or elephant or happy bottom?
I have also planned on cutting out foam for my 1-5/8" patio blocks to go under the legs. Is this best or can I just let them sit on the insulation?

Im drowning in info and have a little bit too much "perfectionist" and worry in me. I over build everything.
Any help and opinions is great and much appreciated! Thanks, Casey.

Sand is to level the base - you can put foam on top of the sand base.

For 15' pool you should be able to get it with less than a inch of deviation.

easy way to level the ground for a pool - YouTube here is a video of a common method to level the base.

Take your time to get it level.

Blocks under the legs is a good idea.

One thing to note is drainage in the area. Make sure water doesn't flow near the pool when it rains. It can wash away the sand base and cause problems. I helped install a above ground and we had to put in a french drain in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.