Away for weekend

Sep 8, 2015
Union, NJ
Hi Everyone
I've been using the TFPM as a first season pool owner and so far so good. This has been such a great resource and makes everything seem very easy. I'm going away for the weekend and not really sure how to prep the pool. It is in direct sun all day and I seem to lose about 3ppm of FC each day. My CYA is 80. Will putting a few pucks in a floater cover my FC loss for the weekend without raising the CYA too much? Thanks.

I use 8% bleach. My slam level would be 31. That's probably 6 gallons or so. Is that totally necessary if I'm only gone for 2-3 days? Can I just add enough to cover my normal Fc loss for those days? I don't get too much debris in the pool either.

Can I just add enough to cover my normal Fc loss for those days? I don't get too much debris in the pool either.

If I understand correctly, FC loss should be thought of as a percentage loss rather than a certain amount of ppm lost every day. So given your target FC is 9ppm, you'll have more than 3ppm loss per day if you bring it above 9ppm. It sounds like you're losing about 33% of your FC every day. So for three days, I'd raise FC up to at least 21ppm. If you lose 33% every day for three days, you'd be at about 6ppm when you got home. If your FC is at 6ppm now, raising it to 21ppm would take about 2.5 gallons of 8% bleach.

I'm still fairly new to TFP though, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.