DE entering pool

Nmac54

Jul 24, 2016
Dewitt Iowa
I have a Hayward Perflex Ec40ac that is shooting de into the pool after you regenerate the filter. It does it for about 20 seconds each time, then it clears up. Does anyone know where to start when it comes to fixing it? Thanks

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry for the slow response.

I have no experience with those bump filters, but do recall hearing of similar issues. Honestly, it does not surprise me much since you are knocking all the DE off the fingers and then turning on the pump to recoat them, so something might be able to get through the fingers before the DE coats them.

You could always tear the filter apart and closely inspect that there is nothing damaged inside.

I'm having the same problem with my EC 75.. Replaced Diaphragm, top plate and a few suspect fingers. Have taken it apart and inspected every finger.. Still not working right. The only thing left is the bottom plate. Bought a used assembly on Ebay for $100.. Going to swap it out.. If it works, it was the fingers. If not, I'm filling it in.

:goodpost: When you say you have the same problem is yours also shooting DE into the pool for around 20 seconds after you regenerate ??

jdudge, just an FYI. The OP hasn't come back but it's still better to start your own thread instead of hijacking someone elses. If he does come back it's sometimes very confusing trying to figure who you're advising to do what and what they've already tried.

:goodpost: When you say you have the same problem is yours also shooting DE into the pool for around 20 seconds after you regenerate ??

jdudge, just an FYI. The OP hasn't come back but it's still better to start your own thread instead of hijacking someone elses. If he does come back it's sometimes very confusing trying to figure who you're advising to do what and what they've already tried.

By the whole unit I meant the finger assembly.. Yes.. same problem.. a bloom of dirty water, algae looking cloud shoots into the pool. The filter just isn't filtering like it use to. Pressure remains at 10 or so when it's operating.. Never builds.. Water remains cloudy..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.