Help me spend my money

May 17, 2016
Marion, NY
OK, so I clearly don't really need help spending my money given my recent spree, but could use some advice on a cleaner. I'm putting the cart ahead of the horse slightly, as my pool isn't installed yet - but that's never stopped me. I'm going to be installing a Radiant Pool, 24' round with walk in steps hopefully next week. I've decided to splurge and get a Robot.

First question, can I get away with an inground cleaner on this pool (vynil liner, but ridgid aluminum sides).

Can anyone offer advice between the Doheny Discovery ($650) and the Doheny Saturn ($550)? The Discovery has an extra scrubber, but otherwise seems about the same. Any advice on others at a similar price (Dolphin DX3, Aquabot Breeze 4wd, others?)?

I don't need lots of bells and whistles, but I would like something that will work well and last. Filter cartridge/basket would be a plus over bags. It will mostly be used for dirt/dust - we are surrounded by farm fields, no close trees.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Jon

Purchased the Doheny Discovery last week for my new pool. Used it twice and no problems, does the job.

Had considered only suction cleaners before but saw several threads about the Discovery here on TFP and bought one before the sale ends.

Just a quick update - I received my Discovery last night. While I was a bit disappointed to have missed the sale (price went from $650 to $720 Monday morning), I'm still very happy with it.

I got home last night and there he was, sitting in his box on my porch, itching to get to work. I opened the box, took one quick look at the instructions, then ran out to the pool. I thought he would jump in on his own, but he was a bit apprehensive, so I lifted him over the side and in the water. Much to my delight, he immediately got to work. No pausing to complain about the heat, no stopping to ask me for a beer, he just toiled away for about 2 hours. He'd come up the the edge of the coping to scrub for a bit, then head back over to the other side. Pool was crystal clean when he was done.

My daughter got home, and asked me what was that in the pool. I said it's our cleaner robot, what do you think we should name him (we name everything). I expected a long drawn out conversation about names, but she looks at me and immediately says "how about Wall-E". For those that might not know - here's Wall-E.

I think it fits!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.