Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello

1. Back To Top    #1

Been trying to register for a while now, and Whoopee, I finally was able too. My name is Debbie and I live in North Alabama, (where gas is $2.79, and We are in desperate need of rain. the cattle have no grass, and are having to eat their winter supply of hay, so if you are a beef eater, stock up now, cos we want have hay for the winter unless we get some really good downpours.
    24/7 Super Granny

2. Back To Top    #2
    Pearland, TX (Houston Suburb)

Welcome aboard! Glad you stopped by and finally got registered.

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

3. Back To Top    #3
    Waaay NW MN

Boy Deb, you can sure have our rain! The grass/hay is growing like ever here - but hope it stops raining long enough to cut and bale the hay!
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Welcome to TFP!

We are like you... in desperate need of rain, though our gas prices are not nearly that good!

We did have a good downpour this morning, but it was shortlived...

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi Debbie! It's great to have you aboard.

Boy, can I empathize with you about drought. I'm in AZ and we are in the 8th year, I think, of drought conditions.

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

6. Back To Top    #6

Round Rock, TX
    Welcome to the forum,

if everyone to the east and west of us here in TX would take their share of our rain we would be better off also.

Getting too much rain here in central TX.
    15,500 gal, inground gunite pool with 7 ft spa, 2 speed pump 2hp/.33hp, 3/4 hp booster pump, Intermatic P1353 timer, AutoPilot SC-48, Sand filter with ZeoBest, Heater, that I never use . . .