Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: salt cell system check

1. Back To Top    #1

salt cell system check

My system is telling me to check the salt cell. So, I figured out where the salt cell is (bahahaha). And, I need some more instructions. I know there is a service option on the board. If I put it in service mode, do I still need to cut off the breakers? (I found a youtube video) I don't want to have to re-program everything. I just got this pool this summer. I didn't realize how complicated it would be. I'm guessing if I flip the breakers (of course I have no idea which one is for what, so I would have to flip them all) that I would have to do that. At the same time, I'm not in the mood for a good shock today either.
    18,"x 36",IG, vinyl, SWG, Hayward Aqua plus with remote, Jandy cartridge filter, polaris 280, Hiram, GA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: salt cell system check

You just want to make sure the pump does not turn on when you remove the cell. Turning on the service option is fine. That will prevent the pump from turning on unless you do it manually.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: salt cell system check

Thanks!!!!