Pump worth buying for Polaris 280?

May 16, 2011
PA
When I bought a Polaris 280 five years ago it came with a Polaris Halcyon Pump. When that wouldn't start last year I replaced it with a PB4-60 pump, which was very noisy out of the box. Putting it on bushings must have allowed it to last until this year, but last week it vibrated one of the hoses out of its connector, drained the pool below the skimmers, and ran dry for some time. Now it runs but makes such a racket it's on the verge of self-destruction.

So I don't want to get another PB4-60.

Are there any compatible booster pumps worth buying? Like maybe ones that have thermal and dry-run protection in addition to decent balance? Or that at least have a life expectancy longer than a year?

For the record: The Pentair LA01N is definitely the one to get. I just installed one today and it is so much quieter than the PB4-60 was when new I don't understand how the latter is still on the market!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.