intermatic ipure

fal900

May 29, 2009
I recently purchased a house with a swg installed ipure by intermatic for 40000 gallon pool however my pool is around 12000 gallons.

for the first 6 months of ownership i had not been operating the swg as the previous owners did not live here and a pool service was taking care of the pool. So i thought to myself let me see if the swg is working. I have had it working for a month now it is producing chlorine and i have read all documenion on the unit. I am just wondering about a few problems i am having for instance my inital salt levels were around 3300 and the unit had been producing chlorine however the highest level that the unit would go up to is a medium chlorine output even with the dial turned up all the way which should bring the unit to high chlorine output. So i called intermatic and they said put 4000 ppm in the pool so thats my current level. it strangly has reached above the medium output of chlorine when it has rained heavly a couple of times actually 1 light below high output has been lit for several hours then go back down to medium medium low on it own without touching the dial output. when it has been at the higher chloine output reading i have turned the dial and the lights go from low to high output as they should. actually it has never hit the highest output indicator light just one below it. it is producing chlorine so i am not overly concerned but it mainly wont go any higher than the 2ppm level. Is the cell getting old that why i am mostly unable to go above medium output ?? something possibly wrong with power unit ?? anyone know when these units came out I am guessing it is probably 2 3 years old. my water chemisty has been within the correct perimeters for the swg.

any input would be appreciated.

I am not that familiar with the iPure, but there are really only three possibilities. 1) It might be temperature related. When the water gets warmer the chlorine production may go up. 2) The cell might be getting old. Examine the cell and look at the edges of the plates. If some of the plates are worn away then cell is getting old. 3) It could be broken. This is really the least likely possibility of the three.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.