Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Other option for dispensing R0871 reagent?

1. Back To Top    #1

Other option for dispensing R0871 reagent?

The R0871 reagent bottle seems to be "leaky"
    When trying to drop reagent into the tube to test for FC, several drops come out at a time, especially when first turning the bottle over. The previous bottle I had did not have the same issue, so I don't think this is normal.
    What other options do I have for measuring out the proper amount of reagent? Is there a dropper or a refillable bottle available?
    2016 Build: 32x8 Gunite, 6,700 gallon IG pool including 6x8 spa and 6x8 tanning ledge w/ 2 bubblers. 32' raised wall with two sheer descent water features. Travertine Coping w/ split faced Travertine on raised wall face. 2HP VS Jandy pump, 400k heater, Rainbow Chlorinator, 4 Colored LED Lights. 459sqft spray deck plus. IAqualink remote, Polarus 9350 Robot Cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Other option for dispensing R0871 reagent?

Have u tried to squeeze the bottle slightly before inverting to apply the drops to create some reverse pressure? May work js
    26k (roughly, irregular shape) 10' at deepest diving board and waterslide, IG gunite, 1hp Hayward super pump, 3/4 hp pusher for Polaris280, Hayward s244t sand filter, auto tablet chlorinator, clueless owner.... Knoxville tn, #tf-100 owner#

3. Back To Top    #3

Yep, give a little squeeze before inverting.

4. Back To Top    #4

I will try that tomorrow and see if it helps. It's funny, the previous bottle didn't have the same issue
    2016 Build: 32x8 Gunite, 6,700 gallon IG pool including 6x8 spa and 6x8 tanning ledge w/ 2 bubblers. 32' raised wall with two sheer descent water features. Travertine Coping w/ split faced Travertine on raised wall face. 2HP VS Jandy pump, 400k heater, Rainbow Chlorinator, 4 Colored LED Lights. 459sqft spray deck plus. IAqualink remote, Polarus 9350 Robot Cleaner.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Mamiamjo View Post
    I will try that tomorrow and see if it helps. It's funny, the previous bottle didn't have the same issue
    If you are still having issues, and have the old bottle, swap tips
    Valley of the Sun, Arizona.....10k gunite/pebble (Re-surface March 2015) w/in floor Caretaker 99 cleaning heads -- Pentair FNS 60 DE filter -- Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed for pool -- Pentair Wisperflo 1 HP for boulder waterfall...Taylor K-2006 & Taylor K-2006C kits

6. Back To Top    #6

Other option for dispensing R0871 reagent?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamiamjo View Post
    Recently, some bottles were shipped accidentally with dispensing style fitments rather than metering fitments. If you pop the tip off and it has a straight-through bore hole as opposed to a plastic cross with a tiny hole in it, then it has the wrong fitment on the bottle.

If that's the case, TFTestkits can ship you a new fitment.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates