Bought house w/ pool, Un-Maintained for over a month

Ok, we went swimming and everything was fine.

I was confused. Turns out our FC level was 6. I missed the part where Max said to use the 5 mL sample... so I used the 10 and counted each drop as 1 ppm. (rookie mistake)

try to use 5mL sample for FC test without dilution to keep things simple. It gives 1 ppm resolution.

Anyway, after adding some bleach this morning, my FC is 7, and my CC is 0.5. Ill test a full set of numbers tonight and see where we are at.

Thanks

:confused:... my skin to turn green or fall off....

Couple questions. Do i just turn off the chlorine feeder? Anything else look strange or out of place?

Pool%201.jpg

Pool%202.jpg

Pool%203.jpg

Pool%204.jpg

Pool%205.jpg

Pool%206.jpg

Let's hope that there are chlorine pucks in that feeder and not bromine tablets. Turn everything off and open that up. You should be able to tell based on the smell. Whatever tabs are in there should come out. This video should help: Rainbow 300 Chlorinator - Adding Tablets, Part Two - YouTube

Chlorine tabs add chlorine which gets used up, but also add CYA which are not used up... At some point you will have to drain/refill because the CYA gets too high. Your CYA is in a good spot and you don't want to increase it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Never turn the multiport value when the pump is on. Always turn the multiport handle in one direction. I always turn mine clockwise.

Backwash until clear, rinse until clear, backwash until clear, rinse until clear, filter. You need the size of your filter to determine how much DE to add. Only 80% of the DE is removed during this process, so only add 80% of what the filter needs when it is completely clean.

Details are here:
Pool School - Maintenance and Cleaning of Pool Filters

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.