From Bromine to chlorine like I use in the pool

Jul 9, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I currently have a BullFrog 1 man 4 woman hot tub that uses Bromine and I'm tired of buying two sets of stuff... What would I need to do to sanitize my HT like I do with my pool? Can I use CYA, Clorox, and Muriatic acid in the HT like I do the pool and use Pool Math but with the adjusted gallon amount?

TIA!:cheers:

The sodium bromide in your spa does not go away, if you add chlorine it will just convert the bromide to bromine. The only way to convert it is a complete drain. Alternatively you can keep it as bromine for the time being and use clorox instead of whatever you are currently using following the 2-step system listed here: How do I use Bromine in my spa (or pool)?) Then when you need to do a routine drain you could try chlorine with the option of switching to bromine if you dislike the chlorine. Chlorine to bromine does not require a drain, just add sodium bromide and you have a bromine tub.

I used bromine tabs in my tub for years and the water was never right. Always cloudy and sometimes smelled bad. MPS tub shock was expensive and ineffective. I discovered this site and switched to the dichlor/chlorine method described in the thread above. Works like magic. Don't even think about it. Drain your tub to get rid of the bromine and ditch the tabs. You'll have a pristine odorless hot tub in no time that stays that way at very low cost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.