Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best thing for expansion joints around pool concrete

1. Back To Top    #1

Best thing for expansion joints around pool concrete

So I finally got to cleaning out my expansion joints around the pool decking and filling them with Sikaflex self leveling polyurethane sealant. When I say the job looks clean, it really looks amazing. Not even a pro would have done it nicer. I highly recommend the product. It's the cadillac of water proof sealants in my opinion. I got mine at home depot and it's easy to apply with a caulking gun.

Circa 20,000 gal IGP, 12 years old, Hayward SP2607X10, 1 hp single speed pump, Hayward S244T Sand filter, vinyl liner, using Aquacheck test strips and Taylor K-2006 Test Kit, 1 skimmer, 1 bottom drain, 2 jets (near stairs and on the opposite deep end)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best thing for expansion joints around pool concrete

You did a nice job!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Best thing for expansion joints around pool concrete

Yes, looks great. That is what my PB uses.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach