Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: HELP! My pool is green!

1. Back To Top    #1

providence, ri

HELP! My pool is green!

So I have had this issue for several years, my pool sometimes mysteriously turns green, now i am using well water and I have tried everything I can think of. Here is a picture of my pool... also with my stats. what do i do? Sorry- if this is not the right forum please help me move it!! Been a long time reader-first time user

16' x 32' rectangular inground
    20,000 gallons

ph 7.2
    free chlroine 1.0 ppm
    total alkalinity 80 ppm
    stablizer 30-50ppm
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: HELP! My pool is green!

Welcome to TFP!

Your chlorine is too low and algae is growing. Judging by the bluish tint you've hit it harder recently, but you need to maintain chlorine at all times according to the FC/CYA Chart
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Stabilizer 30 to 50 is too broad a range. Is it 30 or 50. That's a difference by 100% of the minimum FC you must have to keep algae from blooming (2ppm vs 4ppm). Its also the difference between slamming at 12 ppm vs 20pmm. So first verify your CYA then start a SLAM at the appropriate level of chlorine.
    18' x 38' Pool, 3' to 8' Depth
    Vinyl Liner
    Variable Speed Pump
    Sand Filter

4. Back To Top    #4

Santa Ana, CA

what test kit are you using to get your numbers? Please also put your pool / equipment / test kit details in your signature so ppl won't need to look for that information.
    44k plaster pool, Pentair 011018 pump, DE6020 filter, LED lights, K2006 test kit