Pool numbers with TF-100 kit

CR172

Jun 23, 2016
Celina, TX
So, it's been 3 weeks since I got the TF-100 test kit & AquaCheck Salt test strips. My PH wants to climb almost daily. I believe it is due to the unbelievably high TA we have. I checked and double checked it. I have been using MA and aeration to adjust TA & PH. It seems to be working, but it is slow.

3 weeks ago

PH 7.2
FC 5
CH 50 (should I worry about this?)
TA 190
CYA 30

Now
PH 7.5
FC 6,5
CH 50???
TA 140
CYA 40 - 50 (still getting the hang of "getting it")

and according to the test strips, my salt is 2270. I'm not getting any error codes on the SWG. I do realize the Intex pools and equipment aren't, well, let's just say there are better.

I was getting a hi salt error and so I decided to go ahead and put the Hayward skimmer in. Man, what a difference!!!!!!! Thank you to everyone that has posted about this mod. I encourage everyone with this type of pool to make the mod. It's a bit scary, but easy as ice water. (pie's aren't really that easy :) ). Anyway, I have salt, but am somewhat nervous about adding any. When you get an error on the Intex SWG's, they don't produce any chlorine.

So, for all the Guru's, how do my numbers look and what, if anything should I do?

TIA

CH at 50 is fine for vinyl pool. Yes, high TA is contributing to your PH rise. As you add acid to lower PH it will slowly lower TA which will gradually stop the upward pressure on PH.

Thanks Pooldv. What part of DFW you in? We are north of McKinney. And just in case it matters, which I know it does, the pool is in 95 - 100% full sun all day in north Texas. So, is my CYA and FC in line, or should I add CYA to get it a bit higher, FC a little lower? This is still all new to me.

for the last 3 weeks i have been bringing down my pH from 110 down to 50 as of 2 hours ago. MA and aeration and it has taken me that long in my pool. i know that since i brought my TA down my pH has been holding steady. this past monday i put another shot of MA in to bring it down to that 50 level. i have been aerating each day for about 5 hours, unless we are swimming. i am aerating with my return pointed up in the air. so far it has been working good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.