Best Vacuum With In Floor Cleaners

datnac

Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Hi All - Im looking for advice on the best vacuum to get with our in floor cleaning system. It works well for normal dirt, but I live in AZ, and when we get dust storms with lots of pieces of sand/rock, the cleaners can't effectively remove them.

The infloor cleans from 8pm-6am, so my thought is to get a robotic vacuum (eyeing the Nautilus) and running that sometime around 9am-12pm during the day. Does anyone have any advice for vacuums that would work with an in floor cleaning system?

If the in-floors don't work after 10 hours of use, personally I would just ditch them for a robotic. Much more energy efficient. Once my cleaner bites the dust, I am seriously looking at a Dolphin DX3s. The DX series has a weekly timer so they can be left in the pool to run all week.

IntelliScan Technology analyzes your pool surface to make cleaning as efficient as possible.
3 hour cleaning duration.
Swivel cable reduces knots, kinks, and tangles.
Weekly timer schedules the DX3S to automatically clean your pool at your convenience!
Quick-release dual level filter cartridge.

In Phoenix, I recommend the Hayward AquaNaut 200 (2 wheel) or the 450 model (4 wheel) suction cleaner. It is based on the old Poolvergnuegen technology and usually comes with as much as a $100 consumer rebate. It has variable vanes in it that allows debris to pass right through and not get clogged. It is a great cleaner. Great technology. The four wheel unit stays low to the pool floor and also goes right over main drains without getting stuck.

i think infloors work pretty well for dust in phx, i think the issue is debris from limbs. at least thats my problem. i manually rake the leaves when they pile into a corner. not east coast leaves, more like mesquite leaves.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.