Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best Vacuum With In Floor Cleaners

1. Back To Top    #1

Best Vacuum With In Floor Cleaners

Hi All - Im looking for advice on the best vacuum to get with our in floor cleaning system. It works well for normal dirt, but I live in AZ, and when we get dust storms with lots of pieces of sand/rock, the cleaners can't effectively remove them.

The infloor cleans from 8pm-6am, so my thought is to get a robotic vacuum (eyeing the Nautilus) and running that sometime around 9am-12pm during the day. Does anyone have any advice for vacuums that would work with an in floor cleaning system?
    IG 21k gallon gunite, hot tub/with overflow, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen, Pentair CNC Plus 520, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Heater MasterTemp 400, Intelliflow 2 VST, WhisperFlow High Performance Pump, Pentair EasyTouch 2, ScreenLogic

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best Vacuum With In Floor Cleaners

If the in-floors don't work after 10 hours of use, personally I would just ditch them for a robotic. Much more energy efficient. Once my cleaner bites the dust, I am seriously looking at a Dolphin DX3s. The DX series has a weekly timer so they can be left in the pool to run all week.

IntelliScan Technology analyzes your pool surface to make cleaning as efficient as possible.
    3 hour cleaning duration.
    Swivel cable reduces knots, kinks, and tangles.
    Weekly timer schedules the DX3S to automatically clean your pool at your convenience!
    Quick-release dual level filter cartridge.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

In Phoenix, I recommend the Hayward AquaNaut 200 (2 wheel) or the 450 model (4 wheel) suction cleaner. It is based on the old Poolvergnuegen technology and usually comes with as much as a $100 consumer rebate. It has variable vanes in it that allows debris to pass right through and not get clogged. It is a great cleaner. Great technology. The four wheel unit stays low to the pool floor and also goes right over main drains without getting stuck.

4. Back To Top    #4

That is a good cleaner but not a self powered robotic.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

i think infloors work pretty well for dust in phx, i think the issue is debris from limbs. at least thats my problem. i manually rake the leaves when they pile into a corner. not east coast leaves, more like mesquite leaves.
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.

6. Back To Top    #6

I use shark vacuum cleaner.. It's just awesome with floor...